Billboards - Part 3
Pastor Mike Hodges
Only one command for young men? Be self-controlled.
Why especially in young men? It sets a pattern for your life.
Temptations that challenge our self-control:
- Social media
Reasons to exhibit self-control:
- Preparation for the future
- We need to learn to say “no” and not feel guilty, or be made to feel guilty, about saying it.
- We need to have standards we live by that reflect God’s truth.
- We need to recognize that every impulse is not good to follow.
- We need to remember that every “billboard“ will be read by someone.
My challenge to young men:
- Learn that self-control, though attainable, is hard and you need God’s Holy Spirit to accomplish it.
- Learn that what you decide today has consequences for tomorrow.
- Learn that life is not always fair and you must trust that God is in control and has a plan for you no matter what comes.
- And, be the billboards for others, young and old, including us, that clearly show the message of Jesus and show it attractively.